This website is operated by CAREALGO LTD. The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
- Who we are;
- How and why we collect, store , use and share personal information;
- Your rights in relation to your personal information; and
- How to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
CAREALGO LTD (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible s a ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
- Personal information you provide to us
- We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Name, age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religious and philosophical belief and health
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
- When you are signing on to the platform
- When you are signing up to receive emails for marketing purposes
- Sensitive personal information
Sensitive personal information includes any information which related to the following:
- Your genetic data;
- Your biometric data;
- Your ethnic origin;
- Your political opinions;
- Your religious beliefs;
- Whether you belong to a trade union;
- Your physical or mental health or condition;
- Your sexual orientation; and
- Whether you have committed a criminal offence
We may request that you provide sensitive information, but if we do, we will in every instance explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it. We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
Some examples of when we may request sensitive personal information include:
- When filling out the questionnaire to join the platform
- Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- Shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf;
- Shall consent on their behalf to the processing on their sensitive personal data
- Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
- Provide evidence of a business transaction,
- Ensure that a business complies with industry standards and regulatory procedures,
- See that quality standards or targets are being met,
- Protect national security,
- Prevent or detect crime,
- Investigate the unauthorised use of a telecommunications system, or
- Secure the effective operation of the telecommunications system.
- Training purposes
- Quality Monitoring
- Fact verification
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
- To identify users and manage their account
- To stay on top of trends, provide answers to problems, and analyse new insights to great effect.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
- care organisations and care planning software companies. The information collected from care workers and care receivers will allow them to be matched together based on cultural background, availability, skills and experiences.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask you whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see ‘what rights do you have?’ below for further information), If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
Required personal information
Personal information has to be provided by you to us at any time.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
- Indefinitely or until the party’s involved request for their personal data to be deleted.
- These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
- Legal obligation;
- Vital interests;
- Public task;
- Legitimate interests;
- The legitimate interests relied upon are as follows:
The information is necessary for the care organisations to provide their clients with culturally appropriate care and thus provide them with better care.
The basis upon which we process your sensitive information (i.e special category as defined in the GDPR) is:
- The explicit consent of users;
- For employment, social security or social protection reasons;
- To protect the vital interests of the data subject;
- It is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest;
- It is necessary for the provisions of health or social care;
- It is in the interest of public health;
- It is for relevant archiving, research and statistical data in the public interest
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- User account access is controlled by a unique username and password. All data is stored on secure servers. Key information is encrypted using SSL.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet, If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EU at anytime
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receiving the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain situations to our continued processing of your information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide- to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- Email, call or write to us
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is still being processed.
- By email if they opted in to receive emails
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU